I have been a lazy mailer during the past months. I needed a break for one thing and then the rates have gone up not once but twice this year. Foreign rates are now dkr 25 (US$3.66) and the slightly lower rates for Europe has been discontinued so that a letter to Sweden now cost the same as a letter to Japan. This means fewer but bigger mailings from now on (the minimum weight has gone up from 50 to 100 grams). Your letter should be there before Christmas.
– hvad er en ledertype, walther?
– det er en der bestemmer over opvasken, albert …
THE OCTOBER COUNTRY
… that country where it is always turning late in the year. That country where the hills are fog and the rivers are mist; where noons go quickly, dusks and twilights linger, and midnights stay. That country composed in the main of cellars, sub-cellars, coalbins, closets, attics, and pantries faced away from the sun. That country whose people are autumn people, thinking only autumn thoughts. Whose people passing at night on the empty walks sound like rain…
– hvordan slipper vi af med de andre ..?
– ja, og hvordan undgår vi at de får den samme ide ..?
– Ja, Albert?
– De der dimser atleterne fik sammen med deres medaljer …
– Kan man købe dem i Fætter BR?
– Du kan jo gå ind og spørge …